Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in Roughrider Arms LLC’s https://www.preppergunshop.com/privacy-policy for the Prepper Gun Shop website, www.preppergunshop.com (the “website”), and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). Roughrider Arms LLC (“Roughrider Arms”) adopts this Supplemental Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”) from some of its requirements.
Information We Collect
Roughrider Arms collects certain types of information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Generally, within the last twelve (12) months Roughrider Arms has collected:
Identifiers and Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
Roughrider Arms obtains names, email addresses, shipping address, or postal addresses when customers sign up for our email list or apply to be a member of one of our customer groups.
Roughrider Arms collects information about products or services purchased through the website or consuming histories or tendencies on the website to better present its products to you.
Internet or other similar network activity and geolocation data.
Roughrider Arms uses Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. Google Analytics also obtains your IP Address.
Sharing Personal Information
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Roughrider Arms has shared internet activity and geolocation data with Google Analytics. Roughrider Arms uses Google Analytics to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. If you would like to access what browsing information we have, or ask us to delete any data, please delete your cookies, reach out to us as explained in Exercising Access, Data Portability, or Deletion Rights, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Roughrider Arms has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Roughrider Arms disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Roughrider Arms does not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Roughrider Arms may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Roughrider Arms or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Roughrider Arms does not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Roughrider Arms by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
- Visiting https://www.preppergunshop.com/contact
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide Roughrider Arms with proof of written permission or valid power of attorney for the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include: your name, email address, phone number, or mailing address.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Roughrider Arms cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. Roughrider Arms will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
Roughrider Arms endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with Roughrider Arms, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with Roughrider Arms, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. If applicable, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Roughrider Arms does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Roughrider Arms determines that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Roughrider Arms will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
While Roughrider Arms does not share personal information with third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Roughrider Arms LLC, PO Box 13537, Grand Forks, ND 58208-3537.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Roughrider Arms reserves the right to amend this Supplemental Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Supplemental Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Roughrider Arms collects and uses your information described here, please contact us at:
Roughrider Arms LLC
PO Box 13537
Grand Forks, ND 58208-3537.