Select the Firearm & Purchase It
Purchasing a firearm online is really, very easy. We only require three things to complete a firearm purchase online:
- Payment: You pay us directly for the firearm.
- Federal Firearms License (FFL): We cannot ship a gun direct to you, we do ship to the local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store or gun dealer has an FFL license; pawn shops and collectors may also have them.
- Age requirements for firearms:
- 21 years old-Handguns
- 21 years old-Receivers
- 18 years old-Rifles and Shotguns
Arrange the Shipment and Transfer
- Find a licensed FFL dealer in your area. (Click HERE to find a local FFL to receive the firearm and transfer the firearm to you).
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from preppergunshop.com (ROUGHRIDER ARMS LLC).
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fee, commonly around $25 but varies by state.
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
- Provide your dealer with our mailing address or toll free fax number where they can send a copy of their FFL.(if not already on file)
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealers name (name on the FFL) on your order so we know where to ship your firearm.
Important Info About Your Order
When placing your order, please type the dealers information into the shipping address section of your order. Enter either your first & last name or your dealer's first and last name for the shipping address name. Then your local gun shop's company name for shipping company name then their address & phone number.
If it is your first time sending a gun to that local gun shop for a transfer, you should contact them and ask them what their policies are and if you need to do anything before the gun arrives at their shop like pay them the transfer fee or fill out a form. If we have not received your FFL we will call them during our business hours to try and obtain a license copy required to ship your order. If you need the order expedited you must have your FFL send us a copy of their license.
It is best to locate a FFL dealer to transfer your gun before you place your order. However, you can place your order first and then provide us with your FFL dealer info before we ship. We will hold your order for about 7 business days to give you time to locate a dealer and arrange a transfer.
Please include your ORDER NUMBER on any correspondence you or your FFL may send us. If you encounter any problems or special circumstances, please call us or email us via the contact us form and we will be happy to address your concerns.
When You Pick Up Your Firearm
Once the firearm is ready to be picked up at your FFL, Please INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY to make sure it is exactly what you ordered and that there are no defects with the firearm. If there are any problems whatsoever, DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRANSFER!! We will gladly have the firearm picked up and returned to us at our expense and provide you with your choice of a replacement or full refund.
Once you accept transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. No returns to preppergunshop.com will be accepted after a transfer has been accepted.