Thank you for choosing Prepper Gun Shop!
We appreciate your business! If you've purchased, or are going to purchase a firearm and have not contacted your FFL to ensure they are open and accepting transfers, now is a great time to do so!
What's Going On With My Order?
An order's status on our website will be "processing" until it ships out. This status covers the time from when the order is placed until it is picked up by the carrier. During that time, we process the order in our system, and get it ready to go out. We send the following communications regarding the status of your order:
- An order confirmation from email@example.com and a receipt from our card processor will be sent automatically at the time the order is placed. If you don't receive these emails, please check your spam and junk mail folders as they may have gotten caught by a filter. If you have checked and still can't find these emails, please contact us so we can help you figure out what's going on.
- A brief email to let you know when processing has been completed. Please note, this is not a ship confirmation, just a note to let you know that your order has been handed off to the shipping team.
- We will send you a ship confirmation when the shipping label is printed. This email will contain your tracking information. If you've ordered a firearm, the gun's serial number will also be sent in the email.
Where's My Stuff? - Processing and Handling Times
We work hard to get your order out and on its way as quickly as possible.
In general, we estimate 3 to 5 business days to get your order on its way, but we're usually much faster than this. Most orders are on the way in 2 to 4 business days.
Why Do You Take So Long To Get My Order Out?
We allow this much time because we are closed weekends and sometimes our North Dakota weather interferes with getting orders out quickly! Also, some products we sell ship directly from a supplier, which can affect how quickly an order goes out. If there's something happening that is delaying your order beyond our standard time window, we'll communicate this with you as soon as possible.
Which carrier will handle my order?
We are currently contracted with FedEx for delivery of our orders. In general handguns and many accessory orders use 2-Day shipping. Large pistols, long guns, and larger accessory orders are shipped ground.
What about ammunition?
Due to its classification as hazmat, ammunition can only be sent via ground. Larger quantities of ammunition may be sent in multiple packages to keep package size and weight manageable.
We are not able to ship ammunition to the District of Columbia, nor locations outside of the contiguous United States, including: AK, HI, PR, and Guam.
You must be 21 years old or older for Handgun Ammunition; You must be 18 years old or older for Rifle/Shotgun Ammunition
In addition, these states have specific restrictions regarding the purchasing of ammunition (as of 2/20/2023):
- California - We will ship to your FFL
- Connecticut - We need a copy of your Carry Permit or Ammunition Certificate
- Illinois - We need a copy of your FOID Card
- Massachusetts - We will ship to an FFL
- New Jersey - We need a copy of your Firearms ID Card
- New York - Ammunition needs to ship to an FFL.
Send your card or permit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Firearms and ammunition cannot be sent in the same container; if you order ammunition and a firearm at the same time, both will be sent to your FFL but in separate shipments.
How much do you charge for shipping?
Our shipping prices are flat rates, so you won't need to figure out how much something costs to ship to a certain destination.
Our rates as of 2/20/2023 are:
Lower 48 US States:
- Single Firearm: $19.99
- Multiple Firearms in one order: $15.99/ea
- Accessories: $9.99 per order
Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico (and other US Territories):
- Accessories: $15.99 per order
- Handguns - $19.99 each
- AK/AR Pistols - $29.99 each
- Long Guns - $49.99 each
No international orders. We are not able to export from the US in any way. Orders sent to freight forwarders will not be accepted.
Can I pay for expedited shipping?
Sorry, no. While we did offer this in the past, we are now shipping items from multiple locations and it’s not logistically feasible at this point in time.
My order shipped, but I need to change the delivery address. How can I do this?
Due to restrictions on our accounts with the carriers, once an order has left our facility, it must either go to the shipping address on the order, or back to us. In some cases, we may be able to have the package held at a carrier's hub location, but this is not guaranteed. If this is an option you need to check on, please contact us.
Will I have to sign for my package?
Orders over $250.00 value (or, "High Value Shipments") are shipped with signature required.
The reason for this is, the carriers will not insure our packages without the signature requirement.
Thank you again for shopping with Prepper Gun Shop!
Please contact us if you have any further shipping questions. We're available between 9am and 5pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. For questions about your order, you can also contact us at email@example.com.